Friday 13 December 2013

Learning To Let Go

As the previous post mentioned, we recently moved to a new flat. We've moved from Flemington (North of Melbourne CBD) to St Kilda (South of Melbourne CBD) so it was quite a distance! We have a couple of overlap days where we had both flats so we grabbed to opportunity to spread the actual moving process over a couple of days.

I've never considered myself a hoarder but during the packing time I was finding it extremely hard to leave anything behind. So much so that I couldn't even fit all my stuff in my rucksack and hand-luggage bag even after already taking a full rucksack the day before. The thing I struggled with the most is leaving behind items, such as toiletries, which I knew we would just have to buy again once we'd moved- what would be the point in that?! 

I have realised though that once we get more into the travelling aspect of our journey it's going to be near impossible to carry so many belongings that I'm going to have to learn to separate the needed from the wanted, however, I fear that's going to be easier said that done!!

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment