Wednesday 11 June 2014

Lucky Number 148

Having been in Sydney for around 3 months now I have managed to apply for 149 jobs. That's right, I read through over 149 jobs, completed 149 job applications and got rejected 148 times. I got a call last Sunday from job application number 148 and got invited in for a 'face-to-face' chat in which they offered me a trial and said if I liked it I'll be put on the rota. 

I was extremely happy to be offered a job as you can imagine how little money I have after a few months of no income. A couple of weeks ago I took a look at my bank accounts, glanced into my purse and found out I had less than $5 to my name. Times were extremely tough for a while and motivation was lacking having received such little feedback from previous applications. However, through not going up luck finally came round and I have my trail at a dog cafe tomorrow. 

Not only does this mean I can stop eating 63cents (about 35p) noodles all the time but it also means that I might be able to make it to New Zealand after all. I was starting to give up on the hope of being able to travel there and I was very disappointed in myself that I'd allowed that to happen. I'd always planned to go there during my year in Australia but as my year is quickly coming to the end and money being extremely low I was starting to give up on the dream of visiting New Zealand but hopefully, through careful saving, I might still be able to make it to the land of the Hobits!

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment