Wednesday 9 April 2014

Sydney: First Impressions

So we have now been in Sydney for around 3 weeks and I feel I can now report back on my thoughts and feelings on Sydney so far.

As soon as we arrived there was such a different atmosphere to Melbourne. Sydney just screams character and really makes you want to investigate more. There's so many suburbs in Sydney (I was told it was 52ish but don't quote me on that!) and each has such a different personality. Everything also seems a lot more compact and closer together- we're now able to walk into the city centre where in Melbourne it would take a tram ride from more areas unless you lived in the actual city centre. 

With so much to explore we decided to go on a free walking tour and found that although there isn't nearly as much history as there is back home, there's still so many stories to hear about. 

All in all, I LOVE Sydney already. There's such a great atmosphere and so much to see. Obviously there is the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge but there's so much more to see in Sydney which just hasn't had a look in. We plan to be here for around 2/3 months and I can't wait to explore more and report back on my favourites places/things to see.

Iona x








No comments:

Post a Comment