Monday 10 February 2014

First Day on the Job

I can finally report that I have a job!! It's taken me 4 months and over 80 applications but I've finally had a working day. 

It's been extremely frustrating job hunting every day and hearing hardly anything back. But finally, after handing in my resume before Christmas I heard back from the same cafe which Kirsty works in. Although Kirsty works as a waitress the only position the cafe had was a dishwasher so I grabbed the opportunity with both hands. I now work two days a week which I know isn't a lot but it's a whole lot more than nothing!

After my first day today my whole body is aching! I went in thinking it would be easy as it's 'just dish-washing' but I've never felt more like a fish out of water. All day I was constantly on the go and was told that the cafe was quiet today! It took me forever to finish up and I was just exhausted. I was up at 6:45 in fear of being late and although that was the time I woke up for work back home my body was definitely not ready for it and was almost in shock this morning!

I've got a whole lot more respect for anyone who does/has done a dish-washing job as it's definitely not as easy as you may think!! Here's hoping Sunday is quiet too...

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment