Friday 11 July 2014

Unusual Miss's

When leaving for Australia there was things which I knew I would miss; my family, my cat, my godsons, my friends...etc. But since being here I've discovered other things which I didn't expect to miss quite as much;

  • Monthly trips to Asda with mother
  • Having more than four possible outfit choices
  • Home cooked food
  • Having clothes for every weather condition
  • Being able to easily find irn-bru at all times
  • Having baths
  • Home radio stations
  • Knowing my way around a city well 
  • My dvd collection
  • Being able to afford fruit and vegetables
  • Being in the same time zone as everyone I know so everytime I want to talk to someone I don't have to work out if I'm about to wake them up/then have to wait until they are up
  • Central heating (I currently can't feel my feet)
  • Having different mugs for different types of hot drinks (a little OCD but I like it!)
  • Scottish tap water

I'm not trying to paint a sob story of my life in Australia, I am having such a great experience and I'm enjoying every aspect of it. However, this year has definitely made me realise I took so much for granted back home and I will be appreciating it all much more when I return.

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment