Thursday 3 July 2014

Whale Watching

For my birthday this year my sisters got me a voucher for Michelle and I to go whale watching. We had to wait until the right time of year for the whales to be migrating but last week we finally we able to use the voucher and board the boat.

Luckily the weather was fairly good that day so we were filled with nothing but excitement in the hope of seeing Humpback whales (most common in the area), Orcas, Sea Turtles, Dolphins and any other sea creature. The boat ride last around 4 hours and during that time we manage to spot 4 humpback whales and some dolphins decided to swim next to the boat at one point as well. The first whale we saw was SO close to the boat that it literally took our breath away. We were almost too scared to talk in case we scared it away! I don't know what it is but there's something so amazing about seeing wild animals in their natural habitat. Due to them being wild and out at sea it resulted in it being very hard to capture on camera so I actually only managed to get one photo of the whales and completely missed the dolphins! However, it was definitely an experience I'll never forget and would recommend to everyone. It was also such a great gift idea as it wasn't something which I would struggle to carry about while travelling and also something we possibly wouldn't have done otherwise due to money. An absolutely amazing day!!!


Iona x




No comments:

Post a Comment