Saturday 19 July 2014

Moving On

I have some very exciting news to share with you all! In a couple of weeks I will be leaving Sydney and flying to New Zealand! I am SO excited that I am able to head over there as I didn't think I'd be able to afford it but thanks to a little help from my parents and some very tight budgeting I am managing to spend just under two weeks over there. I have a good few tours booked and will be traveling quite a bit so will hopefully be able to see quite a lot within the short space of time.

Although I am very excited to be going there I am also absolutely terrified. This is the first time I've gone traveling on my own and it's definitely not something which I wanted to do/ever thought I would do. I am a shy person and can often get very anxious in social situations so have always struggled to put myself out there, which means I have often missed out on opportunities through fear/nerves so this is such a big step for me and one that I'm not even 100% sure I'll be able to handle. I know a lot of people go traveling on their own and that it's becoming more and more common a thing to do but personally, for me, it's a massive deal and I am genuinely terrified. 

When I went to book it (I used a company called Peter Pans which I would definitely recommend) I almost chickened out and didn't bother. Even once I'd gone into the place I almost changed my mind and walked out again but I realised that I'm in such a lucky position to be able to go and that I've already missed out on things due to my anxiety that I wasn't going to allow myself do it again when it's such a great opportunity. I know I'm completely throwing myself into the deep end and often feel a bit sick when I think about leaving by myself but if I never try I'll never learn...wish me luck! 

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment