Thursday 7 August 2014

New Zealand! Days 6-8

Today is my one and only completely free day while in New Zealand and it's also my last day in Rotorua, so I thought it was a good time to catch you all up on what I've been up to;

  • Day 6- today I went on the Hobbiton tour and it was SO good! I had such a great time seeing the shire and have decided I would like to move there asap! The guide was really good at explaining movie secrets and pointing out what scenes were filmed where. It was so interesting to see all the detail that had gone into the movies
  • Day 7- Today I went on the Tamaki Maori Village Tour which was in the evening. This was incredible and I think my favourite tour I've done so far. It was a chance to see New Zealand's culture and learn about how tribes use to do things back in the day. We were welcomed in by warriors and then taught about tribe games, training, weaving, how they gave tattoos, womans dance and of course saw a couple renditions of the Haka. We were then given a show where they performed songs and finally we got to eat dinner which had been cooked in a pit in the ground. It was such a great tour and one which I would 100% recommend to everyone!
  • Day 8- Like I said this is my last day in Rotorua which does sadden me a bit. Today I had nothing on so tried to sort out my suitcase a bit better and took a wander down near the lake. Last night I was also the only one in my room which was SO weird as I haven't slept in a room by myself for almost 11 months but as I returned this afternoon there's 4 new people to keep me company tonight.
Next stop- National Park!!
x





The pit where our dinner was cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment