Monday 25 August 2014

Deans and Doughbox Diner's

I understand it is now a few weeks since I left Sydney but near the end of my time there Michelle and I explored a bit more to make the most of our time there and there's a couple of places which deserve a bit of a shoutout. Both of these are location in Newtown, as that's where we lived, but Newtown in general is a great area to go to for food/drinks/evening out. 

The first place which I would like to bring to your attention is Dean's Diner. I wish I had a photo of the burgers which we got from here. There was such a wide variety to choose from and they were just simply delicious. Everytime we walked past the diner we would both automatically slow down just to enjoy the tempting smell even more. It was a greasy cafe but the food was brilliantly prepared and just tasted down right amazing. If you're ever in the area and after some naughty food but don't want to do the standard McDonalds then check out this place and then you can thank me later! (It also did such amazing chips and packaged them a bit like a chippie back home which made me very happy!)

The second place which we tried near the end of our time is Doughbox Diner. When we first walked past this 50's style diner we thought it had shut down but soon discovered it only opens from 6pm. The only options on the menu is either crepes, both sweet and savoury, or waffles but the menu itself offered SO many options in fillings. I don't even know what we went for but our minds were blown! It was just amazing! The filling tasted fresh and was all prepared infront of you. What really impressed us was that the crepes had some sort of cheese coating which was crusted and just added an extra OOMMPH!!! 

Chicken, Bacon, Avocado, Mushroom, Spring Onion, Cheese = AMAZING!

Both these places were reasonably priced and if I'm ever in the area then I'll be heading to both these places. I miss them already!

Iona x

No comments:

Post a Comment