Wednesday 13 November 2013

Museum

Last Saturday Kirsty and I decided to take a wee break from our job hunts and go out to explore the city a bit more. We also took the opportunity to meet up with a girl who was on the same uni course as my best friend back home. She has also come to Australia for a year so it was really nice to meet someone else in the same shoes as us and give some (hopefully helpful) advice to.

Since the weather wasn't that great (not surprising recently) we decided to stay indoors and explore Melbourne Museum. Coming from Edinburgh I know a good museum when I see one and Melbournes one did not let me down.

It seemed very up-to-date and modern and also had a room full of stuffed animals which is always my favourite (I finally saw a kangaroo and koala! Didn't matter that they didn't move.) The museum seemed brilliant for children as there was so many different interactive activities to do, including a 3D experience of a volcano exploding which had the best 3D glasses ever! 

We all got on really well and even went for a couple of drinks afterwards too. We all got pints of Bulmers, which was on tap, and it cost $10.40 per pint! Night's in from now on I think...at least until we have some income!

Next on our list (other than getting a job) is the Neighbours Tour and the zoo!

Iona x


Chuffed to find a Scottish bit



Watching the dinosaurs come to life




After our volcano experience

No comments:

Post a Comment