Monday 11 November 2013

Rainy Days

Why is it that on a rainy day everything just seems worse?! The day started well with a bright sky and, although I had to wake up early, a skype chat with my sister which I really enjoyed as it always puts me in a good mood.

Then the rain came. And my body decided it was going to be really tired and give me a great headache to accompany it. This was the start of a down day. 

I'm a positive person and genuinely enjoy the rain most of the time but today, the miserable weather just made miserable factors in my life seem much bigger and get on top of me. Don't get me wrong, I've not been crying by myself or sitting in a dark corner in a ball waiting for the day to end. I've just been overwhelmed with the realization that my money is fast running out and I'm yet to hear back from any employers. Also the fact of trying to work out where we're going to live is constantly on my mind. 

Due to having no money, it's hard to go do "fun stuff" as every cent I spend I feel guilty for (which for a shopaholic is a new emotion to go along with the shopping experience). This then results in me feeling like I'm not making the most of my time here. However, still working on staying positive, even though it's starting to get harder and harder to do. 

I'm sorry this was such a wingey post and was very negative (not something I usually enjoy sharing) but this blog is going to be extremely honest and will share all the ups and downs. But without the lows, the highs wouldn't be so great!...Right?!

Iona x

View from our blacony

No comments:

Post a Comment