Friday 29 November 2013

TGIF

This year there are many things I want to change about myself and one of these things is my health and fitness regime. Just before I left Scotland I was starting to get into a good jogging routine where I went twice a week with a friend from work and once on my own. I really got into it and, dare I say it, actually started to enjoy going jogging. However, I was still working in a cafe and mostly in the bakery where there was many cakes which weren't good enough to be put out in the order so either got eaten or thrown away (and no-one likes to see cake wasted...right!?)

So, a few weeks ago I decided to change my eating habits. Now I only allow myself  "junk food" at the weekend (which starts Friday afternoons obviously) and be healthy during the week. This was a bit of a struggle at the beginning but I have to say I'm starting to enjoy it. It definitely makes me look forward to the weekend even more and makes being healthy easier as I've not completely cut it out of my diet. 

As well as eating better Kirsty and I also do a Youtube workout video in the morning about 3 or 4 times a week. It's so much easier to be motivated to work out when you have a chum there with you and I could really see the positive affects it was having on my body after only a few weeks. We've been a bit naughty the past week and not worked out at all but still didn't eat junk food so we were VERY happy that today was Friday!!

Hopefully by the time I go home I'll have broken out my bad habits and be healthier in mind and body!
Iona x


No comments:

Post a Comment