Thursday 14 November 2013

Today's "Missing Factor"

I'm not the type of person to get homesick, in fact, I don't think I ever have been! But I have to admit that everyday there is something I miss from home. Whether it's Irn-bru, proper chocolate, Eastenders, my sisters or just a cuddle with my cat, there will also be something I miss.

Every single day I miss my godsons and cannot wait to get a cuddle off them next year but today my main "missing factor" is my best friend Abi. For those who don't know, Abi and I were born next to each other and only an hour and  half apart. We have known each other all our lives and have been best friends for most  of it (not sure you can have a best friend when you're a baby!?).

Anyway, throughout our lives the longest we've gone without seeing each other was about 4 or 5 months when we first went to uni- Abi to Glasgow and I to Dundee. However, we've always been in constant contact and have the type of friendship that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other we immediately go back to having our usual banter and act as if we saw each other just the day before.

The reason that I miss her most today is because she has some very exciting career changes at the moment and I really wish I was there with her to hear all about it and support her as much as I could. Although she's been good enough to Whatsapp (online messaging app) me with daily updates (she's usually bad with the whole texting back) I still feel like I'm missing out on all her excitement. 

All I can say is that I'm SO excited for what is coming her way and so proud of everything which she has already achieved. If you ever read this Abi, I love you!!!!

Iona x

Such good friends we show up wearing the same outfit without planning it

No comments:

Post a Comment